When it comes to a delicious and comforting meal, nothing gets the job done quite like a hot bowl of ramen soup. The satisfying noodles in the rich, complex broth is the perfect combination to keep your satisfied and full for hours on end. There are about 40 different regional styles of ramen, and many tourists go ramen-hopping in order to sample as many different types as possible.
Spicy Miso Ramen
Spicy Miso Ramen can be found in the Sapporo region in northern Japan, where it is quite cold throughout the year. This recipe is based on a traditional one and incorporates miso paste that can be found in Asian markets around the United States, Australia, and Europe.
What You Need
-100 grams ground pork (or any meat you choose)
-0.5 tablespoon sesame oil
-garlic cloves (as many as you want, but at least one per person)
-0.5 teaspoon grated ginger
-3 tablespoons miso paste
-1 teaspoon Doubanjiang (chili bean paste)
-1 diced negi (Japanese green onion)
-4 cups chicken broth
-white pepper, salt, sugar, sake for seasoning
-2 servings of ramen noodles
Ramen Asian Noodle In Broth With Beef Tongue Meat, Mushroom And
You can top your ramen soup with anything you like, but toppings can include: boiled egg, corn kernels, green onion, menma, chili oil, pork belly, sesame seeds, bean sprouts, nori seaweed, red pickled ginger, black pepper
All The Flavor Packing Ingredients
How To Prepare
1. Make the base of the soup by mixing sesame oil in a pot and heating on medium heat. Add the grated garlic, shallot, ginger, miso paste, and Doubanjiang. Stir everything together well.
2. Add the ground pork and cook it until it is fully cooked through, for about 5-8 minutes.
3. After the pork is cooked, add the chicken stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt, white pepper, sugar, and sake as you wish.
4. While the soup is simmering, in a separate pot cook the noodles. Once cooked, strain them.
5. Gather your bowl and place the noodles inside. Add the soup and then add whichever toppings you want. This is when you can truly get creative and make it exactly how you like. Enjoy!
Customize The Soup Any Way You Wish